The entire vac protocol is under active development, each specification has its own
status which is reflected through the version number at the top of every document. We use semver to version these specifications.
These protocols define various components of the vac stack.
- mvds - Data Synchronization protocol for unreliable transports.
- remote log - Remote replication of local logs.
- mvds metadata - Metadata field for MVDS messages.
Waku is a protocol that substitutes EIP-627.
- waku - ÐΞVp2p wire protocol, substituting EIP-627.
- envelope data format - waku envelope data field specification.
- mailserver - Mailserver specification for archiving and delivering historical waku envelopes on demand.
Sequence diagrams are generated using Mscgen like this:
mscgen -T png -i input.msc -o output.png. Both the source and generated image should be in source control. For ease of readability, the generated image is embedded inside the main spec document.
The keywords “MUST”, “MUST NOT”, “REQUIRED”, “SHALL”, “SHALL NOT”, “SHOULD”, “SHOULD NOT”, “RECOMMENDED”, “MAY”, and “OPTIONAL” in this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.